OpenAHLTA is the only battle proven, enterprise-wide, free open source, clinical information system who's baseline provides secure access to millions of health records around the world. It is the open source version of AHLTA-Theater, developed by the United States Military Health System (MHS), and allows caregivers to document soldiers health information and history on the battlefield.
OpenAHLTA, similar to AHLTA-Theater, can run on a laptop or a server. AHLTA is the DoD EHR, used in military hospitals and treatment facilities, and currently supports more than 9.7 million U.S. Service members, retirees, family members and other dependents. AHLTA-Theater is fully compatible with AHLTA, is deployable, has a similar look and feel, and retains much of the same functionality as the main system.
AHLTA-Theater and OpenAHLTA are tailored to overcome the often austere and disconnected conditions of combat areas and afloat forces. It supports laptop documentation of clinical care, whether connected to a network or as a stand-alone system. In low- or no-communication environments, AHLTA-Theater utilizes a unique "store and forward" capability that allows data to be housed on a local database until connectivity is restored and transmission is possible.
- Enables practices to achieve a paperless record
- Enhances the delivery of patient care in remote and disconnected environments
- Increases clinical and administrative efficiency
- Provides centralized records maintenance
- Works in low and no communication environments
- Fast and easy deployment using the virtual machine download
- Bed Management/Order Management
- Provides Drug-Drug/Drug-Allergy interaction screening seamlessly with the First Data Bank's MedKnowledge product
- Disease management
- Medical references
- Clinical decision support
- Point of injury documentation
- Automated medical coding
- Complete Dental modules